I recently did a Google search for about fifteen different topics concerning Dickinson, North Dakota, and my website comes up near the top of the first page of search results every time. I said it before, anyone, anywhere in the world, gets their information about Dickinson, North Dakota from me.
I don’t want to be popular, I don’t want to be invited to parties, I want to be the dead chicken around everyone’s neck. And like a dead chicken around your neck, I want to keep getting worse, reminding you what you did.
Some of the Worst things in Dickinson:
- There were no Ethics, Morals, or Decency in what people in Dickinson did to other people during this most recent oil boom when it came to rent and the cost of housing. Retail store prices might have increased by 5% to 10%, repair service prices might have increased by 15% to 25%, wage rates might have increased by 10% to 40%, but rent and housing prices increased by 400% to 500%. Many long time local residents could no longer afford the cost of housing. Many out of state workers could not afford the cost of housing and slept in their vehicles. There was no reason for 400% to 500% cost increases in housing other than greed.
- The Catholic Church is the biggest social influence in Dickinson, North Dakota. The Catholic priests, the Catholic Church leaders, and the Catholic congregations ignored and turned their back on all Christian principles such as, “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you”, “So as you do to the least of my people, so do you unto me”, “What profiteth a man that he gain the whole world, yet lose his soul? Or what shall he give in exchange for his soul?” In fact, the Catholics actually used their social influence and networks to organize, orchestrate, and control the taking advantage of people.
- The local company owners, the local manufacturing companies, and the local people hate, mistreat, and disrespect educated people in every way possible. Out of fear of being outsmarted and losing control, local company owners seek to hire people who are less intelligent and less educated than themselves, which makes Dickinson one of the least educated and most ignorant places in the United States. Local companies and manufacturing companies in Dickinson do not hire engineers, instead they offer $18 per hour for “engineering” positions which are filled by people with not even good High School educations. All of Dickinson functions at a very low level. The most underpaid people in Dickinson are the professors at Dickinson State University who are paid about the same as unskilled laborers.
- In order to staff the restaurant, bar, and retail positions during the recent oil boom, local companies did not perform background checks on these employees. Vast numbers of mentally ill, criminal, and drug addicted women came to Dickinson to work at these jobs that did not perform any background checks. The trashiest, lowest class, most corrupt women that you will ever find moved to Dickinson and many of them are still here.
- Because Dickinson allowed all of the things above to take place and could not see that these things were wrong, most people made up their mind that they would never stay in Dickinson.