I have been looking at the on-line job advertisement sites like North Dakota Job Services and Indeed.com, and I came across one of the worst job advertisements that I have seen in some time, for a Project Coordinator at AE2S Construction:
Due to our continued growth, AE2S Construction is currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to work out of our Watford City Shop location. The ideal candidate is organized with an eye for detail, is a strong communicator, and excels in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Assemble project documents, shop drawings, manuals, etc., and other project and post-construction submittals, for distribution to clients and vendors
- Assemble and verify construction contract change order information for approval by Project Manager
- Provide assistance with contract administration for various projects
- Participate in project status meetings
- Enter project data, track the accounting and billing of materials, and maintain ProContractor database
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, and arrange travel with Travel Coordinator for ACL staff
- Provide project coordination and support to ACL Construction Manager, Project Managers, Estimators, and all other employees to include duties such as filing, copying, scanning, answering phones, mailing documents, preparing conference room and meeting materials, and distributing mail
- Perform weekly processing tasks, in conjunction with the AE2S Construction Accounting team, including payroll, timesheets, equipment usage processing, new hire paperwork, accounts payable, credit card processing, and initial accounts receivable follow up
- Create payment requests and prepare lien waivers
- Maintain WC vehicles and equipment registrations and other related licensing and maintenance
- Order and manage inventory of office supplies
- Work directly with the AE2S Construction Accounting team on all matters related to WC accounting, as well as perform additional accounting activities as requested
This is fucking ridiculous. If you cut that list in half, that would still be more work than one person should be assigned. What the Fuck is wrong with AE2S Construction? Who wrote this?
If you count down to bullet points #7 and #8, just those duties alone are what one administrative assistant should be assigned. I am an engineer, and I have worked as an estimator, project coordinator, superintendent, and project manager, and whoever wrote this job advertisement is a Fucking Asshole, or perhaps the entire company management are Assholes.
Once the job advertisement gets into ordering office supplies, filing, answering phones, copying, scanning, arranging travel, preparing conference room and meeting materials, it appears that they are most likely seeking a woman with secretarial skills, and getting her to do accounting, payroll, human resources, billing, and project coordination too. This is wrong.
I hope that any woman who reads this understands what this is all about, she would be expected to perform accounting, payroll, human resources, and project coordination work, and not be paid at the same level as an accountant, human resources person, or project manager.
If there is any woman or person who could perform all of these duties, please start your own business. You are a very talented, intelligent, and skilled person. Do not let other people take advantage of you by dumping their work on you because they are lazy pieces of shit.
2 thoughts on “The Worst Job Advertisement I Have Seen In Some Time, AE2S Construction”
This. Is. Awesome.
What, have you been there, done that? Employers sometimes try to go this far with male employees, but it seems like they try to take advantage of women more than men, where an administrative woman is doing twice as much work as a superintendent, project manager, or operations manager, and getting paid half as much. Don’t let this happen to you.